Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar Gurdwara is a beautiful gurdwara sahib completed fairly recently for Sikh weddings. in Toronto Gurdwara sahib has a very divine feel as it was designed to look like a traditional gurudwara structure. Large domes, arched windows and white stone building give it overall a very peaceful appearance.
We have photographed a lot of weddings at the Nanak Isher Thath Darbar gurdwara in Brampton.
Some of the Reasons why Couples Choose to Get Married at this Gurdwara
- Beautiful Architecture – Gurudwara sahib is recently built and has a beautiful exterior. It resembles the traditional architecture of Sikh religious buildings in Punjab. This makes a huge difference for photography and videography all together. Even inside you can see the building very beautifully crafted. The Guru Granth Sahib is established in a glass dome like structure which is undoubtedly very unique all together.
- High ceiling indoors – Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar has about 25-30 ft ceiling height which gives a very airy feel to the main hall. The gurdwara’s main hall never feels too crowded during the Sikh wedding ceremonies due to ceiling height.
- Natural lighting – The Gurdwara Sahib has beautiful natural lighting which gives Sikh ceremony images a more airy feel. Although, the building does not have windows on the second level to add more dimensional light. The gurdwara side windows are enough to bring a lot of natural light
- Parking and space – Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar has its own private parking space which is helpful for large sangat attending the Sikh wedding. In some other gurdwaras that might be a challenge when the parking space is shared or limited.
- Outside space for milni – Nanaksar Thath building has a front courtyard space which can be used for the milni or morning ardaas before the anand karaj or the Sikh ceremony. That is another advantage when it comes to Nanaksar Thath gurdwara sahib
- One wedding at time – Gurdwara sahib usually hosts one wedding in the main hall. Therefore, there are not many wedding guests intersecting in the langar hall. There may be other small prayers scheduled in other small halls upstairs however the main hall has one wedding only in most cases at Nanaksar Thath Isher Gurdwara.
Gurdwara management at Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar allows for decoration of the aisle and main entrance of the main hall. Gurudwara management, like most of the gurdwaras, do not allow playing of Dhol or horse in the temple property. The baraat can gather in the school parking lot next to the gurdwara building and have all the rituals completed before entering the Nanaksar premises.
Challenges at Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar Gurdwara for Sikh Weddings
- Space behind the glass dome – The dome where Guru Granth Sahib ji is established is glassed. There is very limited space in the back of the glass dome for couples to walk by during the lavaan. Especially, if you are planning to have the bride’s brothers stand during the ceremony, we recommend letting the couple walk on their own as it may be very tight for them to walk parallel to the bride.
- Stage setup – The couple is also sitting on stage about 1 step higher than the sangaat/guests attending the Sikh ceremony. Which a lot of brides are worried about by mistake. Luckily it has never happened to any one so far but it is definitely one of things you have to be mindful while lavaan at Nanaksar Thath Isher Gurdwara Sikh weddings.
Where to take post wedding pictures after Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar Wedding
This gurdwara is close to couple of locations in Brampton area. Your best is to find barns, open fields in the Caledon side for the pictures.
We are blessed by Waheguru to share our experience of photographing at Nanaksar Thath Isher Darbar gurdwara. Every gurdwara sahib has its own photography challenges and we wanted to simply share our knowledge and experience. Gurdwara is the house where Guru Granth Sahib’s gurmat wisdom resides and we have utmost respect for all the religious places. Our intent is to educate and not offend any person or entity. Here is link to other SIkh temples in GTA – GTA GURDWARAs . Here is also link to temple if you are planning to book Gurdwara for your Sikh Wedding – Link