Since our clients are not professional models, it is the photographer’s responsibility to guide them during the shoot. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when taking your wedding or engagement pictures:
1) Decide your style – Do some research online for engagement or wedding photoshoots done by other couples. This will give you an idea of the look you want to portray in your pictures. Whether you like the candid look or the intense stare at the camera, communicate your ideas to your photographer.
2) Relax your body and take your time to get used to the camera
3) Have fun! Try some shots where you forget there is a camera there or that anyone is watching.
4) Try new poses you wouldn’t traditionally think of. Your photographer may have suggestions that feel a little awkward but might just land you that WOW picture!
5) Your photographer is the expert! Trust the photographer to know the camera angles that will work best for you!